Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy active Saturday!

Good morning everyone,

It's a glorious day in South Florida today. Woke up early today and have managed to clean the bathrooms, vaccum the house and bake some banana-apple-carrot muffins.  I love productive days and its only 9:00am :o) 

Heading to Quiet Waters Park in a bit to go for a run and I'm taking along 2 little buddies ...the cutest little dudes ever.  I'm excited to try my new Ironman Hydration Belt...woohoo! Finally hands free.

So my short term goal is to train for a triathlon in Miami this December and a few weeks ago while watching the Ironman World Championships in Hawaii had the brilliant idea of doing an Ironman competion as well.  That would be a long term goal...of course.  I guess you can call me self-motivating but some of the stories of the people who do these competitions are trully inspiring.  Why not me.  I know my body can do it, now the challenge is, is my mind strong enough? So, if any of you out there have done one, either triathlon or Ironman,,,please tell me your story and share your knowledge.  I've reached out to people who have and it is trully a community of people who care to encourage and help each other. In fact, I was able to contact Ryan Sutter (husband of the 1st Bachelorette Trista Sutter, Firefighting Captain in Vail, Ironman, and dad of 2) via Twitter   (@ryansutter) to ask for advice and he was gracious enough to give me his email...go to his website http://www.ryansutter.com/ and wrote me a lenghty e-mail outlining a training regimen...he's super helpful.

Ok peeps, this type of activity is not for everyone but find something that will challenge you and take it on full force. Life isn't life if you don't try new things. Have a wonderful day.

Peace and Love Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment