Saturday, August 20, 2011

Soul-Connections...fact or fiction?

Today, I was inspired by a quote I read from The Daily Love on Twitter..."Love is complete. Your soul-mate doesn't "complete" you - your soul mate is a reflexion of you. You are a whole, not a half."... Whoa! Did I just wake up and realize how true this is? I thought that everyone searched for their better half in this Universe.  I was flabbergasted when I read this and haven't been able to get it out of my mind. 

Now before I go into love connections of the romantic kind, I would like to say that I believe that we have many soul mates in life. Now what I mean by that is that they can be in the form of friends as well, so I suppose we can call them soul-friends or soul-brothers and soul-sisters.  I will give you an example of that. My friend Kinda and I met several years ago at a water park.  We immediately clicked and chatted away the entire time.  She gave me one of her cards and after a few days, I somehow lost it.  I was so desperate to find it, however was unlucky.  Suddenly, Hurricane Katrina came through our area and of course where else do you go when there is bad weather but Target.  I was there to get some arts and crafts for the boys.  Low and behold, who do I see??? Yes Kinda. So the first thing she says is, how come you never called? And I proceeded to tell her that I lost her card. She very patiently stood there and watched me input her number into my phone and we have been soul-sisters ever since. Although she now lives in Atlanta, the bond was sealed from day one. And so no timee or space can ever come between us.  Its so interesting how the Universe will bring you exactly who you need when you need them.  Interestingly, lately, I've made several friends who immediately felt familiar, comfortable and safe.  Some I've even met only once..right Jess and others maybe a handful of times.  And then, you have the ones who have been in your life for years and somehow, you re-kindle your soul-connection even after a decade sometime..right Irv? I think these are very special people in our lives that are there to guide, teach, learn, support and love us unconditionally.  Those are the ones you turn to at the peek of your happiness to celebrate with or to weep on the floor with...right girls, you know who you are.  It's just an amazing feeling. And true to the quote in the beginning...they do not complete us...rather they almost feel like part of us.  like they know us so well and know exactly what to say and do at specif moments.

So they say opposites attracts..that's the biggest crock of you know what I've ever heard. They may perhaps catch your curiosity and get you excited below the belt but in all honesty...although every couple has differences, and that's normal, such as liking different foods, shows, sports etc... That said, if the core values and outlook on life are polar opposites, rarely if ever, do these couples survive.  The essence and heart must be "in synch" in order for the other differences to take on minimal value.  Otherwise the smallest things will be magnified into huge problems when in fact, the problem is that you are incompatible.  A wise man and former boss, also a prominent neuro surgeon once said to me and i quote:
 " I tried and tried to figure out why I was dating all the wrong types of women. I knew I liked a certain type and they somehow never worked out for me. It wasn't until I realized that I was basing my mates on what my mind was telling me a neurosurgeon should date rather then what my heart was telling me would fulfill my needs." He continued to say that "the 3 C's were necessary...Compatibility, Chemistry and Communication."  He went on with, " kid, listen to me, if even one of these is missing, it won't work, ever."...So I took that information for face value and didn't make much of it...until now.  Basically, the 3 C's are a reflection of you.  If you find someone who resembles you, chances are, you will be compatible, you will be able to communicate easily and will be attracted to one another....what a clever man =).

There are tons of books and youtube videos out there teaching you how to attract your soul mate. I do agree with some of what they say such as make sure you have forgiven anyone in your past, have let go of any pain, have a mind and heart that are ready to receive this "Twin Flame" as they call it. Love depends NOT on circumstance or time periods. To live knowing and accepting they can already be in your life...although you haven't recognized them thus far because you were not open. I totally agree with all of that. And I also believe that what is meant to be, nothing and no one can prevent from happening so if that is what you are looking for then rest assured, it is coming your way. Just practcice patience and always have hope. Act as though you already have what you want, and before you know it...tada.  One of my best friends Brigette told me that 10 years ago, after years of fun and crazy passionate relationships, she yearned for her soul-mate.  She told me that she went to the beach everyday for a long time professing to the ocean and making her intention known. She would ask for her soul mate to come into her life. She asked that he have a huge loving heart and to accept her just as she is.  She shortly met Spencer and after only 3 dates, they said I love you and moved in. Spencer went on to say that he really wanted to tell her that night, that he loved her, but was afraid to scare her.  I must say Spencer is a stylish rocker yet dapper English gentleman and is everything she ever wished for an more.  You see folks, it's not so much about  physical characteristics but rather what and how you want to feel. We all know looks fade with age but the heart and mind stay forever.  My mother always said, be careful what you wish for, for  it always comes true =).

I will finish this off by saying that a soul mate is an absolute fact and that we all have one out there. If you have already found him or her, yay! for you. If not yet...may your journey to finding them be full of excitement and fun.

I leave you with this gorgeous Natasha Beddingfield song entitled: Soulmate...Who doesn't long for someone to hold, who knows how to love you without being told..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YodjH9ckWYg&feature=related

Peace, love and light Sasha xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment