Monday, August 15, 2011

Lightning strikes the heart!

As I begin settling back in from this magnificent trip to California, I am reminded that which ever way you choose to look at it, life is truly a journey to self-discovery. Sadly, many people walk through life believing it's only about making it through the day.  Life offers us boundless gifts and opportunities, it is far time to begin appreciating them and living them.

My intention in going to California was to offer some support to my aunt Cory who has just finished her last course of radiation for her treatment of breast cancer.  Little did I know that the universe also had a plan for me personally.  I practice openness....in other words...in every and all circumstances, I always declare that I am open to whatever lesson there is to be received in any given situation.  As many of you know, I wasn't always the greatest fan of the Los Angeles region.  On the plane ride there, I decided to apply Wayne Dyers quote: "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."....and so it was.  I have somehow fallen in love with the mountains, the ocean, the wild animals and even tackled 3 major freeways I was otherwise afraid of...all by myself.  Lighting struck my heart and now, thanks to it's natural beauty and the special moments I shared with family and friends, I am a lover of California.  More than ever, I can vouch for the saying "never say never"....I have found beauty in cliffs, in fossils found embedded in rocks....wild looking caves carved into the landscape and this beautiful vast ocean that is full of endless possibilities.

I believe that when you make the decision to shift your thinking and start looking at life trough different eyes.....you can fully embrace every aspect of life.  I feel so strongly that enthusiasm and positive energy contribute in living a happy life.  To live with an attitude of gratitude and to consciously and wholehartedly, accept and love all things.  To live selflessly and be generous with your time.  The one thing most people really want is to be heard and accepted just as they are.  Sometimes we mistake certain peoples behaviors as negative, or label them as unhappy or miserable however, more than anyone, they are screaming for help. Something somewhere has caused them to be this way and all they need is to release and let go of it.  So many live in bondage, whether, emotional, physical or psychological...they are tormented because they don't know that by forgiving and letting go...they will be freed and consequently have the chance to live their best life. And we should lend them a helping hand in any way we can rather than assuming or judging things about them.  This is part of spiritual growth...compassion and unconditional love for all.

During a conversation with a good friend, I said, I don't want to be like anyone else... I just  want to work towards being the best version of myself....which is a life long process. And this process occurs when we experience the different trials and good times life meets us with.  I don't believe in coincidence...at all.  I believe this universe is specially designed in such a way that it knows exactly when to send us the specific people and circumstances we need at that particular time.  My suggestion...embrace it all.  Allow yourself to feel every feeling and live without fear or expectation.

 During a conversation with my cousin Danny while there, he said, blood is thicker than water...in other words your blood relatives mean more than anyone else.  Hmmm! I totally disagree. Surely our families have always and will always be there. And they generally have our best interest in mind and that is a necessary thing.  However, I am a believer that friends are the "family' we have carefully selected. I can safely say that whether a family member or friend needed one of my kidneys to live, I would give it to  them regardless of their blood relation.  Friends can also strike you when you least expect it and they are to be handled with care as they are precious cargo.  You know someone is a good friend when you cannot imagine your life without them....where they have brightened your life and made it better.  So always be open to making new friends, you never who may be right around the corner =).

So I went to California to lend a helping hand....and have returned feeling a little bit like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.....completely spoiled in every way.  Showered with love and attention...treated to a shopping spree..given an extremely valuable Breitling watch and white and black diamond ring....which I responded to saying: I can't take this...this is too valuable...and my precious auntie replied....you are the most priceless niece anyone can ever ask for...you deserve this....I am truly humbled. 

Finally, in the great words of Susan...my middle aged flight attendant from last night....

" Ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard  Spirit Airlines flight 310 East bound to Fort Lauderdale. Several people have brought to my attention that it is very warm on this aircraft at the moment. Kindly refer to the seat pocket in front of you and reach for the flight safety manual....open it and use it as a fan until we get these engines started..Thank you for choosing Spirit Airlines and enjoy your flight."

In other words....make the best of every situation and lighten up.

Peace, love and Light Sasha xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment