Friday, June 3, 2011

Open to everything yet attached to nothing!

I am totally inspired right this moment to blog as I watch the sun trying to set with a  peaceful but steady rain beautifully drizzling and quenching the grasses thirst. Just as this magical moment will pass when the sun finally sets and goes to sleep so do we need to learn to trully "live" each moment of our lives.

The more we are open to these moments and capable of enjoying them momentarilly....so does the process of not being attached to anything set in. We often define ourselves by our education, career,physical appearance, family, faith and socio-economic class just to name a few. If your ego is your amigo,or in control of your life, then yes they do...however, the truth is...and Freud said so, our ego is NOT our amigo.  Whenever we feel hurt, betrayed, attacked,abandonned, insulted, attached or irritated...those emotions come from your ego....the belief that people owe us something basically and when those needs, whether emotional or physical are not being met...we go into these emotional rages. That is not our nature as humans.   We are none of those things....we are purely spiritual beings coming from unconditional love. Ok, so let's be honest, how many people do any of us know that have reached "enlightenment" and are ALWAYS in a peaceful state?  Few and far in between...other than Ghandi, His Holliness the Dalai Lama, Mother Teresa and several other highly enlightened people from our past and present...it is a work in progress for most of us.

I will be the first to admit that even though I try to consciously and carefully choose my words and actions to lift and encourage people up, I too sometimes fall off the wagon.  In fact this past week, I said something to someone that in retrospect...was totally innapropriate and unkind...definetly not my nature or intention...I had to think long and hard to figure out why I would ever say something like that.  The answer....and I kringe as I admit this...my ego.  My ego was hurt and so I lashed out.  Then I realized something my mother always used to say to me..."in order not to get hurt in life, expect nothing from anyone but do your best for them always."...So it occured to me while I was on Twitter reading updates, that a quote "purposely" not "coincidently" appeared for me precisely saying : "Sometimes we expect more from others just because we would be willing to do that much more for them"~ @wishfulsayings.....then I got that awful feeling in my stomach realizing what I had done.  To whom it may concern, I am deeply and profoundly sorry and I thank you for forgiving me. 

I am so grateful for every learning stepping stone.  I think that if our intentions are always from a loving place...but we slip up every now and again...we are still on the right path.  I would like to celebrate your, all of your individuality and encourage  you to always be true to who you are.  I always say...we are all authentic and perfect just the way we are =)

Peace, love and light to all. Sasha xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

  

No comments:

Post a Comment