Friday, August 20, 2010

Setting good intentions

 Good day everyone,

I wanted to encourage all of you to set positive intentions for yourselves every night before bed and every morning upon waking. It's trully amazing how the mere thought of good things happening to you will produce just that. There's something about doing it before bed that penetrates your subconscious mind and sticks. So often, we go to bed worrying about what hasn't yet arrived and often wake up tired and irritated. That's no way to start the day because that is what it will become. What we are feeling about ourselves will attract people in the same mindset as well as circumstances of the same type. So, this tells us to do ourselves a conscious favor and set good intentions. It's not hard. You can train your minds that way.

Growing up, I was often asked"what are you so happy about", and I would reply, for this day, this conversation and my life. People often responded:" you're right, I don't know why it's not natural for me to think this way"? In fact, my girlfriend Agnieska recently said to me, "I just think people are either born happy and optimistic or the ooposite" I must say, I disagreed with her because no matter who you are, you have to work at it.  We all have the CHOICE to be happy, it's our human right. I think that growing up in a family that was always laughing and happy surely helped but as an adult, I choose to see things in a good way. I have had challenges just like everyone but choose to believe that the reward is so much greater. I also strongly feel that people who are genuinely happy are also people who enjoy helping other's. It's natural for them to lend out a helping hand and often times, they volunteer their help in some way.

My wish is that everyone takes a little time today to set uplifting goals for themselves. Weither taking time to read a good positive book, watching a funny movie or calling someone you know would rejoice in hearing your voice.



May you all have a blessed and happy day ....Peace, Love & Light Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment